Get a list of the required books
- When your student pulls up their schedule from the Howdy portal, it gives them the option to pull up a list of the books that they’ll need. This list includes price & ISBN. This list is not available on the Parent Howdy portal.
- You can look up the books for each individual class at the A&M Bookstore. Plug in the classes & get the list of books required.
Easy method – higher cost
- Order the books right from the A&M Bookstore or another College Station bookstore (ie. Traditions, Loupot’s).
Higher effort method – lower cost
- Using the information gathered from the A&M Bookstore (especially ISBN), shop for & order books online. Directtextbooks & DealOz search many sites, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, half.com, eBay & many more.
- You may want to do a separate search of eBay, as additional choices are available.
- Savings can be significant. Coppell Aggie moms have reported >50% savings over the easy method.
- Pay attention to seller ratings, if available.
- Use caution with the less expensive paper International editions. Though they say they’re identical, experience has indicated that exercises in the books may be different from the US edition.
- To stretch the dollars even further, consider selling books that your student no longer wants. A favorite for this is eBay & including a ‘Buy It Now’ price is recommended. Many times, you can get the same or more than the original purchase price, if you had purchased online.